- The Waldorf Astoria
- The Archive
- Amnesty Exhibit
- External Resources
- More Exhibits
- America's Palace
- Art Deco and the Waldorf Astoria
- Bakers Unite!
- The Big Four at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Building the World's Greatest Hotel
- The Empire Room: A Setting for Dinner and Dancing
- Hats, Balloons, and Noisemakers
- History of the Motorama
- Oscar of the Waldorf
- The Original Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- The Waldorf Astoria in Pop Culture
- Browse Items
- Browse Collections
- Finding Aids
- Administrative Records
This section provides links to external resources that feature archival materials on the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. The featured materials may exist in the Archive's collection but they are organized and displayed by other parties. These websites, pages, or featured items provide additional resources for those interested in hotel history. Please contact the Archivist with any questions related to these resources.
- Waldorf-Astoria Hotel Records (1893-1929); Donated by Waldorf Astoria Hotel, 1929, 1932, 1964; Compiled by NYPL's Manuscripts and Archives Division, February 2013
The Waldorf Astoria Records collection (1893- 1929) contains records of the original Waldorf-Astoria Hotel from the opening of the Waldorf Hotel in 1893 to the closing of the Waldorf-Astoria in 1929. Most of the records cover the period from the 1890s through 1917. Included are guest registers; hotel correspondence; registers of special event bookings, of package deliveries, and of lost and found articles; hotel investigator's logs; floor plans; and examples of the many types of financial records kept by the hotel.
* For access to the collection, please contact the Manuscripts and Archives Division at NYPL
- Life Photo Collection; Search this collection for photographs taken at events held at the Wadlorf Astoria hotel. Most of these images are from the 1940s and 1950s.